Spray Tan Skin Preparation
A St Tropez Spray Tan lasts between three and five days. Follow the steps below to get the best results from your treatment;
- If you need to wax or shave, make sure this is completed at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- The evening before your treatment, exfoliate your entire body with a body scrub. Pay special attention to dry areas of your body such as hands, elbows, knees and feet.
- Before your spray tan, ensure that your skin is free from any self tan, perfume, deodorant and any oils.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing with dark coloured underwear. The guide colour may stain light hair, man-made fibres and wool. (We can provide paper knickers.)
- Do not shower or bathe for a minimum of 4 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid any activity which may cause perspiration for at least 12 hours after the treatment.
- The guide colour can be left on overnight although it may transfer onto bed linen. It will wash out of cotton, but not so easily from man-made fibres or wool.
- Apply a moisturiser, without any perfumes in to prolong tan for an extra 3 days.
- Exfoliate your skin with St. Tropez Body Polish every 2-3 days to ensure even fading.
- After showering pat the skin dry rather than rubbing
- Avoid swimming pools as chlorine can bleach the tan